Time flies. It’s Yara’s 6th birthday.
She wanted an owl decorated cake, as insipired by http://scrummymummyscakes.co.uk/?p=741, chocolate cakes covered with soft pink fondant and white ribbon. She wanted the owl to stay as is. Yara also wanted the cake to be personalized, as it is indeed her cake.
So here’s what her father and I agreed upon:
– 3 layers of moist chocolate cake, with strawberry jam in between
– cake size is 20cm
– soft pink fondant
– white ribbon
– name on the cake: Chayara
– 6 candles
– owl decor as is
Here are the pictures:
1. On top of 25cm cake board
2. Trying to see if the owl fits
3. Final cake
4. Compared to the cake in scrummymummyscakes.
I hoped she enjoyed the cake as much as I had while making it and I hoped she shared with her parents and friends.